With Adi3tek®, T & S Building Materials LLC offers an exceptional chemical build-up inhibitor for sulfur-generated crust and ring formation in calcining lines (Fig. 1). Adi3tek® combats with and effectively re-directs sulfur and trace element catalyzed reactions to create a higher melting point in alkaline compounds which easily detach from equipment walls, quickly improving calcining line heat transfer efficiency and performance.
Since 2008, T & S Building Materials LCC has been distributing worldwide state-of-the-art and alternative fuel combustion enhancers, corrosion, crust, and build-up inhibitors for pre-heater, pre-calciner and cement kilns.
Adi3tek® is a third generation fuel enhancer/chemical inhibitor specifically developed to block sulfur-generated crust build-up in preheater/pre-calciners and to avoid ring formation in cement kilns. It consists of a proprietary blend of surfactant, dispersing and stabilizing agents as well as polymer inhibitors and fuel enhancer/catalysts. Adi3tek® has been employed with unparalleled success in the cement industry since 2008. It should be dispensed through suitable calibrated metering pumps. It can be added onto the conveyor belt right at the entrance to the fossil fuel grinding mill or directly into the burner’s combustion chamber if using liquid fossil or alternative fuels. Documented benefits are:
1. Eliminates thermoplastic build-up on pre-heater and pre-calciner walls
2. Inhibits ring formation and removes pre-existing rings (Fig. 2) in cement kilns, dramatically reducing kiln stoppages
3. Increases clinker production
4. Improves overall calcining line stability and raw meal flow to the kiln
5. Allows the use of higher sulfur containing raw materials, fossil and/or alternative fuels
6. Reduces false air entrance to kiln, quickly improving thermal efficiency and performance
7. Increases personnel safety by eliminating the use of water blasters to remove equipment build-up and crusts
8. Increases both equipment availability and reliability
9. Recommended dosage: One liter Adi3tek® per metric ton solid fossil fuel or one thousand liters liquid fossil fuel.