The increasing networking of machines requires more cooperation between manufacturers and customers. Machine language, data management and data security are just a few keywords. The new working group was founded in Munich during bauma on 08.04.2019 to enable this work to be carried out in a more structured manner and with all actors involved in the value chain.
The working group will be open to companies from all over Europe and beyond. The following were elected to the Executive Board:
• Eugen Schobesberger (Liebherr EMtec) – Chairman
• Ralf Lüddemann (Leonhard Weiss) – Deputy Chairman
• Franz-Josef Paus (Hermann Paus Maschinenfabrik)
• Martin Lehner (Wacker Neuson)
• Robert Laux (BOMAG)
• Dr. Andreas Ziegler (BAUER Maschinen)
• Dirk Siewert (German Construction Industry Federation)
• Joachim Schmid (VDMA Construction – Equipment and Plant Engineering)
The Executive Board has appointed Dr. Darius Soßdorf as Managing Director. Dr. Soßdorf has been involved in digitization since he joined the association.
With the new working group, companies that cannot become VDMA members now have the opportunity to become members of this working group. It is essentially about machine data, M2M communication, ISO 15143-3, standardization and data rights. The goal is to network machines more and more with each other.
Interested companies can register by sending an e-mail to . This includes the following areas:
• machine manufacturers
• construction industry, construction companies
• suppliers, component manufacturers
• software, sensor, drive and motor manufacturers
• manufacturers of telecommunication and geopositioning systems
• universities, institutes and research institutions